Saturday, January 12, 2008

Craft with glass pebbles by Becky Higgins




Here's what you'll need and how you do it:8x10 frame (I picked up my black one at Target)12 glass pebbles (also found at Target or craft store)1 sheet 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock for the background (trimmed to 8" x 10")various patterned papers (I used some from a new Basic Grey Christmas line)circle punch (I used the 1 1/8" punch because those "fit" my glass pebbles)28" of ribbonMod Podgesponge brush & platehot glue gun for glass pebblesadhesive tape or glue for ribbontin foil for drying pebblesPunch circles of patterned paper. I also made a couple of circles in a document on my computer (they read "Merry Christmas" and "The Higgins Family"). Using a foam brush, apply a light coating of Mod Podge to the flat (back) side of each glass pebble - one at a time - and place the circle on the pebble with the pattern side of the paper touching the Mod Podge. Place these pebbles on some tin foil to dry while you work on the base of your art.Cut your cardstock to 8" x 10". Cut 3 blocks from 3 different patterned papers. The sizes are: 2" x 2" (for the top left corner), 2" x 6" (for the top edge), and 2" x 8" (for the left side). Adhere all pieces to the cardstock. Adhere ribbon along the edges of the patterned paper. Arrange the pebbles where you would like them to be. Using a hot glue gun (or some other strong adhesive of your choice), adhere the glass pebbles to your background.And with that ... you're done! I'll probably put this on our entry table inside the front door (when I decorate for the holidays). Of course this doesn't have to be holiday-specific. And you could put photos behind the glass pebbles. Oh, that would be SO cute. You could get REALLY creative with this! What a fun project to do with girlfriends or sisters or mom or your kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very easy! I'm going to have to try this. Thanks!